Click here if you are having website access problems ×

165 hp k series with emerald jenvey etc

ziplobb

It is with some regret that I offer this for sale but I have recently moved house and have decided to part with my 7 in order to raise some dollar !

As such I will have various bits for sale including some 13" 8 spokes, tillett seats and then this.

I bought this engine from Grubbster earlier in the year and shortly afterwards we found a buyer for our house that had been on the market for over 2 years so it noever went in the car & definitely wont now. I bought it from Steve because I knew the history and of course he is well known to the Wight7s.

The following is a cut and paste from his original advert:

Soon to be removed from my 2003 Roadsport as I am replacing with something a little hotter

This X-Power 140 (EU3) engine has been in the car from new and covered 22,000 miles. It performs well, uses no oil, has always been properly warmed up before 'enthusiastic use' and has had frequent oil changes. It has had mainly road use but also a few trackdays where it has always performed brilliantly.

In May 2007 (at 14500 miles) it was upgraded by DVA Power to the following spec: (photo's here)

K04 upgrade - Jenvey DTH throttle bodies with 90mm composite trumpets, Piper fast road cams (633 grind), Emerald K3 ECU.

Vernier cam pulleys.

Bernard Scouse airbox.

In September 2007 the engine was mapped by Dave Walker - 165 bhp @ 7000 rpm and 140 lbft @ 5600 rpm (plot here) I also created a map that got me through the MOT last October - as this is the K3 Emerald it can store 3 maps - you would need to purchase a suitable switch (very cheap) as I will be leaving mine on the dash. Or you can just load the map you want from a PC.

The engine will come complete with clutch (10,000 miles use), starter, alternator, air filter, apollo tank etc basically everything needed to just drop it in and go with the exception of the oil pressure sensor as I converted to a mechanical gauge a long time ago.

I would like £2250 and the engine is here on the Isle of Wight - serious enquires in the first instance by email

thanks

Jai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this 1600 or 1800cc and what pistons are inside (forged or standard).

Also can you confirm if the Jenvey's are included...its not clear from the advert.

Winter '08 Upgrade was a screaming DVA K05.

Winter '09 Upgrade was a Radical

Winter '10 Upgrade - still thinking - but sure it will be fast

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Edited by - Geoff Wilcx on 8 Sep 2010 22:33:24