Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sigma and shell v power 99 RON

sevenmad

Anybody out there been using shell v power unleaded in a sigma 125 or 150? I'm thinking it might be good to fill up with a tank occasionally from the point of view of keeping the engine in good nick as it has a higher level of additives. I presume the ECU can adjust for the higher octane rating.

I run my sigma 125 on v power, but it's superstition - I'm sure it makes no difference. However, it's a race car, and if it gives me 1hp more then it's worth it. Plus it helps me psycologically.

There's no variable advance AFAIK.

Jez

Filled my sigma 125 up with shell v power today (128p a litre *eek*) not for any performance gain but because I had previously filled with some standard unleaded supermarket fuel & god the pinking!! It sounded like a sack of spanners when pulling hard ☹️ I really thought there was something wrong big time but today with quality fuel & a superb 100plus mile blat it's running perfectly again. 😬

Mines a 125 too, only been on the road for 4 weeks and I'm still feeling protective! Will probably do likewise and make myself feel better by putting in the occassional tank of EXPENSIVE fuel.

How's Tonbrigde? I went to school there 30 years ago.

Matthew

I live about 3 miles from the airport cafe, pass it often on the way to work. I couldn't make the last months Ringlestone meet as I was on call for the local hospital and the pubs just too far for me to get back in a hurry (even in a seven!)

Hope to make the next and meet all my local seveners.

Built it myself, for me that was half the fun. First though about it about 20 years ago, but then kids intervened. finally got around age 45! Now feel like a teenager again, best toy a grown man can have. 😬

I live almost next door to Hayesbrook School (which is in turn next to Judd). As to what Tonbridge is like, well I like but some others on here don't *tongue* You can probably find those views in a search if you really want!

Jez

Built my sigma 150 roadsport 2 years ago and always use 95 octane. Received a supplement from CC when the car was new stating the engine is happy to run on the lower octane fuel so I have used it ever since. 8000 miles now and she runs like a dream and seems to be getting quicker. I have the 5 speed gearbox and she will pull 70mph in second and (sorry officer) over 100mph in third, by then most machinery is far behind. What great cars these are.

Cheers John