Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big Head fasteners

Garth

I am trying to buy some big head fasteners and am in contact with the distributers who will only sell in quantities of 100 which makes it a little pricey. Carbon bits have the cable tie version, but none of the others I want! Can anyone recommend somewhere which will sell them in small quantities and has a wider range than Carbon bits?

thanks

atlast

billyboy

I was looking for 8 (possibly 16 if available) of the M6 x 40 long s/s studs on 38mm bases (but variations could work!) for my cycle wings. there were a couple of other places where I wanted to use a few of the cable tyraps and they only come in a couple of sizes, so any will do!

I may just buy a 100 of each and then sell them on to cover my costs to others interested?

thanks *smile*

atlast

I'd have some off you mate, and there's always ebay. I'm guessing if they don't have the style you want in stock or its not a popular one, then they want to cover the cost of doing a production run of them.

I managed the charm and politeness bit, but only one of my sizes required a production run and it may have been one they wanted to stock up on anyway. Worth a little plead though.

Martyn

R300GRR

Garth, The cable tie version if fine for attaching the wings. I used three per wing stay and have had no problems in two years - still as solid as the day I fixed em. Need to get the adhesive right - I used Terostat MS 939 (made by Teroson - here).

Also Big Heads will send samples - I emailed em with a specific request for 6 off of 2 different sizes of threaded studs and sure enough they arrived in the post a few days later.

Big *thumbup* *thumbup* from me fr Big Head !!

Angus

Edited by - Angus on 27 Apr 2010 16:53:45