Click here if you are having website access problems ×

caterham analogue speedometer

SUPERLIGHT91

Caterham analogue speedo wanted - mileage not important - its to replace my original while my original goes off for repair to keep my car street legal until it comes back (which I know can take them quite a while). Any pre-digital 7 speedometers would be useful, let me know what you have and how much you would like for it thanks

Superlight (mk.1) 1800k car #91

• Area Representative

Sorry can't help with supply of speedo, but, will fitting a bike speedo be adequate? Only cost around £10 and can be retained when original speedo repaired - they're much more accurate and can be changed to kms for travel abroad.

Just a thought.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Good thinking - in fact if I just use my TomTom I needn't fit anything at all - but didn't want plod to stop me with no speedo fitted at all. Cycle computer is a good idea and I've done this previously to test/calibrate the speedo but same problem - leaving ugly hole in dash while my speedo goes away for repair (and from my experience last time Caterham had it for 3 months and then announced they'd lost it - they did replace it though eventually). speaking of which I bought a cycle computer from Aldi today - 'reduced' from £2.99 to £1.99' - can't go wrong with that (but its going on my commuter road bike) *biggrin*

Thanks James - that will do nicely, Caterham say they are £110 new so that is about half price plus post or collection that will do me nicely. I could even drive upto Surrey and pick it up one weekend soon :) any excuse for a drive out. As my car has 8,500 on the speedo 10k isn't far off - so if Caterham 'misplace' my old one again while it is going away for repair then I'll have a replacement displaying around the correct miles. I wil PM you to exchange details. thanks very much Matthew