Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Introduction for a novice?

cskip

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may indicate that it has been restricted to 190 but similarly to this years Class 3 issues what people claim and what is submitted to our Awards Court as evidence are 2 different things 😬

I here next years Judges will be back again with far greater powers *tongue*

I'm watching you all!

I was interested, as I was trying to think of engine specs that would fit into this class. The list seemed rather small:

- Fireblades (how many of these do you see competing?)

- R300

- Standard 2.0 Vauxhalls (are there any left in standard form?)

- K's in a Medium state of Tune

Is there anything else? What was competing in the class last year?

Skip

Class 4 is the ideal class for those higher performance 7's that have yet to be "fully" developed. Its the class for those cars that remain largely standard.

Its ideal for R300, SLR's or slightly detuned R400's. We also see Zetecs in a good state of tune. Sequential gearboxes are not allowed other than for Fireblades. (However we only saw Darren Luke run his blade a couple of years ago when they were still class 5).

Class 4 is also limited just as Class 3 to a max tyre width of 215.

Simon

Never mind what The Headmaster says about the awards. Once you have experienced a years sprinting in the Club Champs I'm sure you will understand that the final thing you need to bring along to every event is a very very large sense of humour.

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

Yeah - well, I have already banned Kate from the garage and threatened to stop her pocket money so that should prevent her from giving any more dubious evidence in court!

The results in most classes show that it is not really the machinery that matters - even something with clamshells won an event in Class 3 😬

And at a wetish Harewood on the Saturday it was a lowly Class 3 car that took the honours wasn't it Mark *wavey*

And a sense of humour helps - especially when you have to put up with whippersnappers going on, and on about Saga Seveners and the ridiculous rumours about R300s in Class 3 😬 😬

Mike - Now nearly ready to attack Class 4! *smokin*

This all sounds perfect for me - not sure how many rounds we will be able to fit in, but we will absolutely be there!

I am hoping to get some driver training (thought about doing a "Walshy" day as a starter), also some trackday instruction (from either Simon Mason or Shaun Edwards).

Not sure what class I would be in, we have a Tracksport (x power 140bhp 1800) running widetrack suspension, 13" mini lights and CR500 tyres.

I will look at the links posted earlier to try and determine where we would fit - not really fussed initially, the competition will be between the 2 of us in the same car (would be nice to be in a class that we are not too far at the bottom of power to weight wise though).

Thanks again all - very helpful.

GP

I'm assuming you've got a conventional gears, I think with CR500's which are List 1B tyres you would be in Class 3 ?

Alternativly stick some list 1A's on and compete in Class 2..

I'm sure Simon will correct me if i'm wrong...... again.

I'm doing the L7C introduction to sprinting hopefully and also a sprint school as well.

Hopefully before these i'm looking at a track day with some instruction *cool*

Q469 WET 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 19 Dec 2009 13:10:15

Going on our locations, our paths may not cross that often! I will only go to events that I can travel to in a sensible time (say 2.5 hours from Southampton or Portsmouth).

I need to use Google maps for the events and work out what is achievable.

Hopefully I'm doing the following events, so may see you at Goodwood and a few more. I'm sure someone will update the championship map on the lotus 7 club site at some point so you can see where they are.

Do you have Tom Tom if so i've a POI file with them on if your interested ?

Curborough (Intro To Sprinting) - Saturday 17/04/2010 (Provisional)

Goodwood - Round 1 - Saturday 24/04/2010

Llandow - Round 2 - Saturday 08/05/2010

Llys y fran - Round 3 - Sunday 09/05/2010

Curborough - Round 4 - Sunday 16/05/2010

Mira - Round 5 - Saturday 22/05/2010

Shelsley Walsh - Round 8 - Saturday 03/07/2010

Loton - Round 10 - Saturday 14/08/2010

Curborough - Round 11 - Sunday 29/08/2010

Aintree - Round 12 - Saturday 04/09/2010

Anglesey - Round 14 - Saturday 16/10/2010

Anglesey - Round 15 - Sunday 17/10/2010

Q469 WET 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 21 Dec 2009 12:30:59

Graeme,

There aren't many withing 2.5 hours of Southampton and Portsmouth - I know as I live between Fareham and Southampton.

If you want to restrict it to that, there should also be this one

Saturday 26 June – Castle Coombe

but otherwise the other nearest (I use the term losely!!) are Curborough near Litchfield, MIRA near Nuneaton and Llandow,other side of Cardiff - all of which I can do in about 3 hrs - but that is with the trailer.

For all the others I tend to stop over in B&Bs etc - although a number camp *eek*. They tell me it is good fun.......

Presumably you are on the Isle of Wight - so I suppose your travelling is dependant on ferry times etc as well. Be happy to help if possible.

Mike