Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half Day at Top gear test track for 4 cars

Peter T

I bid on this fantastic Half day at the top gear test track for 4 cars back in Christmas 2004 and have not taken it yet and probably won't now that i have no car. I paid £1700 for it which went to a charity. It is a great prize that was courtesy of Peter Farnfield of Dunsfold Park .

I am open to offers . *thumbup*

As far as i an aware it is not dated, but will check with Peter Farnfield to see .

Simon i am not looking to recouperate anywhere near the monies that i paid for it but just to offer it to someone else and yes i will donate some of the funds to NTL. *thumbup*

Simon,

I cant see why you are asking Peter to donate some of the proceeds to charity when he already shelled out £1700 in 2004 and my understanding from his posting is that all of it went to a charity.

Why is he being asked to do so again?

Peter,

1. Await your confirmation of an expiry date, if any. And

2. What are the logistics of taking the half day? ie Dunsfold is pretty busy, so who would we discuss availabilty with, and, typically, how much notice would they require?

How do you want this to proceed, Peter? Do you want an auction? Or some other method?

If you want an auction can I suggest that you stipulate an end date and time and request that all bids are shown on here and not by BM direct to you.

Edited by - RoyH on 28 Nov 2009 17:04:48

Hi Roy - I wasn't suggesting that Peter should be donating it to charity, just wanted to clarify things :)

After all, people are more likely to bid a bit higher if there are proceeds to 'charidee'. Peter certainly did - and good on him, too!

Cheers - Simon

• Area Representative

Once Peter T has confirmed details on it, maybe it could be put up on ebay with the box ticked during posting such that all bidders are hidden, but the total is shown and a link provided to this forum.

It could either posted in some obscure category (antique chinese pottery 😬) if Peter T only wanted to try and resell to BC'ers or (and if he I had paid that much out then I know what I'd want to do if I couldn't use what I'd bought), to post it in Gift Voucher & Coupons under Event Tickets on ebay.

Just my four penn'orth

Giles

Beryl the Peril (HPC)

I must admit I hate ebay, with all the hidden bidders and sniping at the end -not to mention the 10% they cut they take on all sales, plus paypal fees *mad*

I'd just stick it up here, with an end date and give the fee equivalent to NtL.

But then again, there's a chance of a much wider audience on ebay...

Good luck either way, Pete *thumbup*

Sorry but this week has been hectic to say the least with personal problems and work and i still have not confirmed the arrangement yet.............. but do not worry i will indeed post it when i have contacted the administrator to clarify. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable!

Do they know how much you donated to charity for it? 😔

Let me know if you want someone to speak to Clarkson (or one of his producers) about it. I bet someone here has his ear...

If not, I have a director-level contact in the BBC *wink*

Cheers - Simon