Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Advice needed in Camberley area

James-Seven

Hi everyone

have just purchased my first 7 at 50. she is the the first GTS model with a 1600 kent engine (probably not the best buy). She was running, well coughing and farting on start up. So head has come off which showed more work required. Well I've just got a huge box of bits from Caterham (thanks Darren)and now need advice on how to tune and essential maintenance. I will then seek advice regards somewhere to have her resprayed. If anyone near the Camberley area fancies a cup of tea, 7 talk or can advise. Would welcome a visit.

Look forward to seeing you on the road

1GTS *biggrin*

James Collins

Hi James

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the fold *wavey*

Surrey's got one of the highest concentrations of owners so I'm sure you won't be short of expertise.

For my part, my knowledge (which isn't great) is confined to the newer engines and I hardly ever get time to pop into the garage these days but I'm local and you're always welcome to pop around for a chat/tyre-kick/problem-solving if I can be of help.

At least you picked the right time of year to get the maintenance done! *wink*

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Hi James.. expect to hear from other Sunrise Seveners soon, based loosely around Farnham Common. Lots of very keen, hands on crossflow owners like myself! I'm on the South coast but may well see you on a blat later on.

By the way, not sure what a GTS is? If its the single carb version (85 bhp ish), it should be a peasy upgrade to 110 hp using twin webbers and a suitable "sprint" cam, on offer on the Caterham website at the moment. DO make sure its the 110 bhp version, not the later 100 bhp version. You may need to change the bonnet as well as the twin carbs exit from the side.

Regards Andy

Check out Hal... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/dalongbloke

You could visit the Oxford area on Tueday 1st December , we are a hands on bunch with a great selection of older cars.

PS Don't bother with the spraying just drive it for a year and sort out the running gear etc then decide next winter if its money well spent

Brian

7 S2 , 7 S4 and Lotus 51 FF

Hi,

Its the twin 40's and I have ordered the larger valves (recommended by Redline), But as the head is away I will not know if they are the same size. Rest of the block coming out friday morning and I will then check which cam is in. I have been told that the A2 is the best, has anyone any experience of these cams?

Regards

James

James Collins