Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mini-SureSeal connectors

k80rum

Can anyone who has constructed these connectors in the past recommend a method for inserting the pins?

My current approach is to spray pin and rubber housing with silicone spray, the push the pin or socket in with a screwdriver but it still seems to require quite a bit of force on what's a quite delicate component.

If anyone's got another technique, I'd be keen to hear it.

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Darren, your method works for me, just mind you don't stab yourself too often 😳. The full sized ones are even worse but I think you can get a very expensive insertion tool from RS. I guess you could make one if you were doing a lot.

I used a couple of two-pin mini sureseals and have to be careful that the (unshrouded) male pins line up with the (shrouded) female spills when pushing them together. I have found several times that they've gone off line, so no connection. The ones with more pins are less prone to doing this.

Paul

Polevolt have started selling the mini ones, but Simtek UK have a much wider range in the small (7 amp) size and stock the large (15 amp) sizes too. Simtek's service so far has been as good as Polevolt's and you can order online.

I'm using a couple of the large Sure Seals to replace the headlamp and fan connections and smaller ones for some connections on the engine loom *thumbup*

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Edited by - k80rum on 16 Oct 2009 11:12:45