Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tour checklist

anthonym

tried a real pharmacy today, again no P20. I'll explore link - tx

I'd forgotten about the dual syringe model, and that story is persuasive. I'll be shopping again tomorrow. Maybe I can velcro it to the roof of the boot - where the seat belt bolts go.

Anthony

tx tbird, but that's France, I'm working on this issue at the moment, low value stuff I order (meaning anything that isn't hundreds of pounds) leads to me being stung by "customs administration" charges by the couriers (not customs), unless it's the post office, who wake me up at sparrows' whatsit wanting cash at the door. Bit ironic as I live less than a kilometre from France. This goes for anything ordered outside Switzerland from a business. There is "free trade", as long as you don't want anything small and don't mind huge carriage costs (everyone has that problem from USA).

Anthony

• 2 years later...

Have done a couple of long trips in my seven including over 1500 miles in France this year and have looked at your very long list with dismay. Apart from the legal stuff, warning triangle, bulbs, etc; I took, spare thottle cable, didn't need, cable ties, didn't need, BMW bike tool kit plus adjustable spanner (pretty comprehensive) didn't need, spare oil, didn't need. My reasoning was that anything apart from tightening and topping up was down to RAC. I'm definitely not into major rebuilds on side of road. My only concern was I had forgotten spare keys so was very careful about what I did with the set I had.

Brian