Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLIDARITY.

Jules Martin

In the event the current fuel crisis escalates to "French" proportions, is there a case for local chapters of the club to blockade something(!) - Be it a refinery, distribution centre, petrol station, police station, Indian Take-Away or pub. We may all dislike the French (sorry but I'm half French so I'm entitled.....) but by god they know how to be effective. If the snowball is starting in the UK, where we have the highest fuel prices in the world, and the LEAST spent on our roads, then I am all for doing something to add weight to the argument.

Jules

Jules

It's all the panic buying by the weber carb. brigade due to their horrendous fuel consumptions.

(Does one get the feeling that this entry is being placed by an injection owner?).

Only a couple of days ago (smug grin approaching) I had the foresight to buy an ex M.O.D. jerry can & fill it with S/UL. It comes with deity status I guess! Pride before a what?

Hopefully that plus the full car tank will see us through.

Can't say the same for the Co. BMW though.

I'm with you. Lets, as a club, blockade a good Indian take away!

Dave J.----Where is "Down here"?

And not a protest about Jules's statement. I thought it was a rumor that "all" the Brits dislike the French that may be carried by these tabloids! So, I was wrong, it seems to be a fact.

Sob, sob, sob...

At least French women seem to be more "in grace" ( my young niece recently married an English man...).

Who knows why?

Pierre,

A French colleague once told me that French men have small hands and large mouths, the reason being that French women have small bre@sts but large n!pples.

Can you confirm or deny this rumour?

(Not sure that my contribution qualifies to be posted in the Technical section of Blatchat.)

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 12 Sep 2000 17:29:23

Pierrre, I'm sorry if I offended you, I certainly didn't mean to. I am indeed half French (Mother's father and Father's mother) I have 20 first cousins, all of whom live in France. I Love the Frewncxh so long as it's not in business where they are the most arrogant, conceited, useless arse***** in the world. I never, ever want to do business with a product of "Ecoles des Mines" again!!!!

Jules

Jules,

Thank you for the clarification. In fact I just felt sorry about this poor relationship. Too bad.

Some of us in this country also suffer from the arrogance of the products of the school (or equivalent)you mentioned. I figure that there must be similar "Grandes Ecoles" in Great Britain producing this kind of great products! As far as I am concerned I cannot remember of any problem while doing business with England. Most of my interlocutors have even been patient with my poor English...

Pierre

Yes Jules, but the use of the Army by your Prime Minister

("Sabre au clair, cavalerie, chargez!")is applauded here as compared with the way of MR Chicken Jospin!

OK Jules, your grammary is correct. In fact we would say here : "Vive la Seven", because it must sound English (la classe, quooi...)

Cheers,

Pierre

OK Pierre I afgree, "Vive la Seven" sounds better,- just didn't want to offend you again!

Your M. "le Poulet" Jospin did at least give you a reduction in your petrol costs. Our Mr obsequious, wimpish, teeth.gif, Blair could only crow about how clever he had been when in fact he was totally dumbstruck and caught out by the depth of feeling.

Regards,

Jules

Jules,

Well Jospin gave money to the truckers not to "the rich who drive their Sevens to their country club with their collapsable golf clubs in the boot" (a quote from today Arlette Laguiller's radio interview that I slightly modified).

We still expect however a reduction of the petrol price for everybody including those "rich" Sevenists .. sometime.

Cheers,

Pierre