Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raceline, Zetecs and my next 7

Mr Fixit

This is now moving forward as I’ve spent some time today talking to Peter at Raceline. He is suggesting a 2.0 Zetec with 175HP 🥰 and recons I could do the whole lot for £6000 on top of the starter kit. *wink* Sounds great and I was wondering if anybody has done this or can give me any feed back on Raceline

Go for it, definitely! I love my Raceline Zetec (200bhp on Lumenition throttle bodies). Peter and Chris are great to deal with and know the engines and conversion inside out.

The Zetec is a beautifully flexible engine with loads of torque right through the rev range and is not difficult to get 200+bhp from with relatively little work. They're also supposed to be virtually indestructable!

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

I second what Doug says *thumbup*

The Zetec is a great engine by all accounts and a worthwhile investment now that the spotlight has turned to it's successor, as prices are dropping a bit.

I've used Raceline for my Duratec conversion and for some other bits. They're innovative and experienced, their engines are proven and the engineering is so professional that the installations look like Caterham's own. Peter's technical background means he's respected by a lot of the big names in the motorsport, engine building and racing industries too.

It's worth mentioning that they're a small and popular outfit and although they always make time for their customers, you may find lead-times slip a little but this can simply because they're at the mercy of their suppliers. One thing's for sure, you are unlikely to be disappointed with the end result.

edited to add: Of course, Ammo/RaceCo would also be worth chatting to; another very well-respected engine builder who may(?) be just as close to you as Raceline

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Home of the long-term, supercharged Duratec project *biggrin*

Edited by - k80rum on 21 Jul 2009 18:25:13

Yes as Doug say’s “go for it”. I had mine on the rolling road last week and it made 198bhp and 159 ft lbs. The Zetec is a great engine and the torque makes the car so nice to drive.

Pictures of my initial conversion to Zetec using Webers HERE, this gave me 160bhp and then this years upgrade to the Raceline 200BHP kit with Jenvey’s, Omex ECU, Kent cams & springs etc.etc. HERE

Peter and Chris at Raceline are very helpful (although S47zz will be along soon to tell you otherwise but just ignore him, everyone else on here does!) they build Zetec’s for many manufacturers and race teams and have done for years now. The quality of their parts is exceptional and contrary to what ‘some’people say, they are not any more expensive when comparing ‘like for like’ parts. The back up and assistance you will receive from Raceline is really good and I would certainly recommend them to you.

Guy