Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track Day at Anglesey Coastal Circuit - October 9th IMPORTANT UPDATE

Jude

Update - 11th September

In order to keep this day exclusive to the club, please could everyone who has made a provisional booking confirm their booking as soon as possible.

If we do not have a substantial increase in bookings by close of business on Monday 14th September, then we will have no option, but to open this day up to similar similar marques.

Thanks Geoff *smile*

This is your last chance to participate in a club track this year now that Cadwell 2 is full !

October 9th - Anglesey Coastal Circuit (Open Pit Lane). Exclusive club day run for us by Bookatrack which will be bookable via their website.

To book the track day at Anglesey, you will need to set up a profile with Bookatrack if you have not already done so. You will then need to drop me an email with your bookatrack user ID and email details so that we can then add you to the list thus enabling only club members to see the track day advertised above and allowing you to book.

The cost of the day will be £175 and it will be open pit lane, it's also being held the day before the L7C sprint round being held at the circuit.

We will need to get a minimum number of entrants to make the day exclusive, otherwise the event will be opened up to other similar marques.

Any querys about booking then drop me a blatmail.

Please could I also ask people who I have added to the list to see the hidden date, could they at least make a provisional booking so that. we and the organiser can gauge interest for this track day.

Thanks

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 11 Sep 2009 12:53:44

Edited by - Geoff P on 11 Sep 2009 12:56:01

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All,

Just a quick chaser - in order to keep this event exclusive we do need to have confirmed bookings. There's plenty of interest on the provisional booking list at the moment but unless we've got a dozen or so more paid up by close of business on Wednesday, we'll unfortunately need to open it up to the BaT public.

There's really no need for this to happen with the level of interest we've got and it would be a great shame for the sake of a few more drivers confirming their bookings please!

cheers,

Jonny

BaT

Jonny,

You might want to post this in the ‘Club Speed Events’ section. At Aintree yesterday a number of people were saying that they intend to do the track day at Anglesey but hadn’t got around to signing up yet.

Cheers

Paul

To echo Jonny''s comments, in order to keep this day exclusive to the club, please could everyone who has made a provisional booking confirm their booking as soon as possible.

If we do not have a substantial increase in bookings by close of business on Monday 14th September, then we will have no option, but to open this day up to similar similar marques.

Thanks

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 11 Sep 2009 12:52:36

25 confirmed bookings and 11 provisional bookings as of 6pm today (14th September).

We now have 2 options:-

1) Open it up to other seven-eque cars via the BaT membership but stay on the Coastal Circuit.

2) Give it another 2 weeks and aim to keep it exclusive by "downsizing" to the National Circuit rather than the Coastal Circuit. Based on above numbers (assuming those 11 people pay up) we would maintain exclusivity for the club - albeit by effectively charging a slight premium (ie you'd have paid coastal price for the national circuit).

So - the question is, which is better - to maintain exclusivity for the club, or to be running on the Coastal Circuit?

Also just noticed that the sprints are on the National and GP circuits - NOT the Coastal Circuit - maybe this has contributed to the shortfall in numbers?

Jonny

BaT

Jonny

Please accept my opinion as personal and NOT that of the Management Team.

I understand that there are a couple of members who would want their money back if made non exclusive. 2 ?

Myself as I am competing on that weekend I would far rather do the Coastal circuit with other marques on track than downsize. To be honest I can speak for 2 others also. I would seriously consider whether it would be worth attending if reduced to the Nat circuit.

The coastal only misses out 1 corner from the sprint layout but includes some critical ones for the sprint.

I hope you take this positively and I have spoken to Geoff and provided contact details of other 7 esque marques.

I would add that my preference may be coloured by the fact that I am not a novice and therefore not unduly concerned by other marques. It has also been made widely known to all that if the numbers are not there it would be opened up to others. I guess its the time of year.

I wish you the best of luck.

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

• Support Team

My preference would be to keep the Coastal circuit and invite other clubs along *smile*. I find non-club days absolutely fine with all manner of cars on track at the same time. But looking at the numbers and the amount of time people tend to spend out on the circuit, I doubt it will be at all crowded out there.

I don't really want to have to do the National ☹️, for the price I've paid, for (in my view) no good reason.

just my opinion

Jonny

I intend to do the TD, but really only if on the Coastal circuit, for the reasons posted above by Simon Rogers. I have no problem if it is opened up to the public, remaining OPL.

BTW Ive logged on to your website to make the booking, but I can't see the date listed, so how do I get around the cloak and dagger stuff? *biggrin* *biggrin*

Malcolm Hickey

Malcolm

the post at the begining of this thread explains how do gain access to the hidden date.

Drop me an email with your bookatrack Id and we will sort out.

After yesterdays TD at Cadwell there should be another 2 bookings coming through.

Geoff *smile*