Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roadsport SV Sigma 150 speed sensor gap

exfordy

Ever since I built my Roadsport SV Sigma 150 the speedo has dropped back to zero when I get to about 95mph. I am sure it is because the speed sensor is not positioned optimally from the sensor ring. I recall fitting it close thinking that would be best but I now think the gap may be too small rather than too large.

What gap is yours set at?

I have a similar problem. NArrowing the gap to the point of almost touching has completely fixed it in the dry weather. But when it rains even a tiny bit, the gauge starts to play up again. So far, CC had no suggested fix. ☹️

I had problems with my Duratec SV with faltering speedo due to the weedy sensor bracket fitted linky and CC sent me this replacement bracket linky. The first bracket bends due to torsion from the attached anti roll bar through the droplink, moving the position of the sensor away from the serrated disk. CC supplied the sturdier brackets for both sides and replacement droplinks (which need to be a different length - shorter if I remember and I think you can just shorten central bolt on the ones fitted) and cured problem for me.

Dick

Superlight SV Duratec R400 Arch Inside 😬

Edited by - dickbowyer on 2 Jun 2009 06:58:59

Fitting the sturdier bracket is not without issues 😔 such as needing to shorten droplink a bit with a hacksaw to central screw and from what I remember using a longer fixing bolt which necessitates hacksawing off head of present bolt(s) as you can't remove them without taking off brake disc (with large socket and loads of welly) to insert bolt from inside outside, rather than outside inside as they are on your car now. Easy job if you know how but a PITA until you work out how to do it.

Dick

Superlight SV Duratec R400 Arch Inside 😬