Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Class 3.......Close or what

Clawhammer

Great competition today, Well done to Michael Sankey on another win. probably 6 of us thought we might be able to knock him off that top position on our last runs.

We are all getting close Mike *tongue*

Been sprinting for 7 or 8 years now,

Still learning how to drive my car quicker round a corner.

Still meeting and making new friends.

still improving on my personal bests

still not been to all the venues

Still getting up at 4AM

Still getting sun burnt

And still looking for that first class win...............Next time Mike *smokin*

Great day, well done to everyone.

Anyone got the final times?

Watched everone go through at the end, noticed a couple of Westy boys waiting to see how Darren did on his last run. Asked how the Caterhams had done?

Apparently Darren by a couple of tenths. *thumbup* 😬 😬

Robin (In the garage looking at a DVA ported head)

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Edited by - clawhammer on 24 May 2009 07:32:53

You leave that head where it is *nono*

It was a really good day and I think we all knew we had to push to the limit on every run. It was interesting how the times and speeds through the trap changed during the day - the fact that my speed came down to 103mph on the last run just goes to show that you don't need to check my engine - mind you, I did check the catches on the bonnet several times after The Chav had been waving it around before the last run *biggrin*

Mike *smokin*

*mad* not mad just very sunburnt 😬 😬 😬

☹️ Tigers lost 😔

*smile* great day at MIRA and great banter as usual... I felt I drove as fast as i ever had done here, and 108 mph is the fastest i have gone thro the speed trap, shame my times didnt reflect the excitement I was feeling..... Ho hum the joys of sprinting *thumbup*

Congrats to mike for a deserved win and to Graham and Robin for their excellent runs.

Roll on pembrey.

Jeff

Well after Curborough was thinking maybe it was time to hang up the helmet, but the great competition, weather, conversation in the paddock (and admittedly helped by a better than average result) at MIRA means that pruning the roses and slippers can wait a bit longer.

With these ex class 2 hot shoes getting to grips so successfully with 1B rubber

have no doubt we will all be moving up and down the result sheets as the season progresses only hope I can remember how to drive the thing as Harewood in August seems a long way away.

Really enjoyed MIRA - a good turn out in class 2, and very close results. Well done to Graham. Pity they didn't do awards afterwards as I had a long speech prepared thanking everyone from Yokohama Tyres to Matt Jenkins (for his unfortunate fluffed start) and Richard Price (for being otherwsie engaged). Managed to beat my class 3 time from last year, and more importantly I think I beat Tam's time!

Robin about that "spare" DVA ported head in your garage you don't need... *idea*

AB