Click here if you are having website access problems ×

no fuel at injectors

olij

some help please! *wink*

refitting my k series with jenveys and emerald and it won't start. i am getting spark, the fuel pump primes, fuel at the fuel rail but no fuel comes out of the injectors on cranking.... it cranks over fine just doesn't fire (obviously!).

how do i toubleshoot no fuel coming out of the injectors? is this the correct thing to check? connect one end of a voltmeter to the injector plug, earth the other end and i get 12vs...

its a new (to me) engine replacing an old 1800 supersport, so the emerald map is new...

any suggestions on what to check?

Sounds to me like the ECU doesnt know the engine is cranking, it could be the crank sensor trigger pattern.. does the light on the ECU change to green when you crank or does it stay red? Try connecting your laptop and go to the live adjustments page, then crank and see if the software sees the cranking RPM.

Oily

so...

i get voltage at injector plugs

there is a green light at emerald so cps ok

there is fuel at the fuel rail

the fuel pump primes

there is spark at the plugs

reset the throttle pot

any other suggestions as to what to check would be very welcome *thumbup*

Edited by - olij on 26 Apr 2009 20:22:53

Does the ECU have a good enough earth?

What is the voltage on cranking? I think I've heard of some ECUs not liking low voltage.

Are you getting fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

Willie

Edited by - Opposite Lock on 26 Apr 2009 23:03:04

...the power of blatchat 😬

i had wired up the injectors to run paired from pins 1 and 26 when i put in my original k 1800 4 ish years ago. it ran fine like that.

tonight i changed the injector loom to use pins 23 and 24 instead and hey presto - the injectors now inject

not yet sure why this would be the case (same ecu as before).. guess it's the injector setting in the software but not sure tbh... will investigate some other time - got a drive shaft to repair *rolleyes*

thanks for the help 😶‍🌫️

Edited by - olij on 26 Apr 2009 23:12:52