Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood - The start of the race for the Golden Trowel

Mark Durrant

Well a great start to the season with four competitors making an early bid for the Golden Trowel:

Adrian Williams - A little grassy momemt at St Mary's resulting in him running over his own grill and timing strut.

Andrew Willoughby - A grassy moment this time at Woodcote in an attempt to catch up with Matthew who ended up beating his dad in his own car.

Joseph Bennett - Unaware of the consequencies Joseph let slip to our Comp Sec that he had taken to the grass on his second timed run.

Richard Price - Two contributions, one in practice and one on the third timed run. The second being an early contender for the Golden Trowel taking to the grass on the exit to the chicane before a 720 degree spin ending up on the service road on the opposite side of the track adjacent to the recovery truck. I look forward to seeing the in car video of this run. Richard will therefore have the yellow trowel on his car at Llandow.

Edited by - ray snoates on 26 Apr 2009 14:01:25

Matt Willoughby won class 1 with a stonking 102 something seconds on the last run.

All of the times tumbled in class one from last year and I think everyone broke their personal goals, it's going to be an interesting year in the "slow" class

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

The class winners are as follows and the full results/scores will be posted once received from the organising club.

Class 1 - Matt Willoughby

Class 2 - Matt Jenkins

Class 3 - Mike Sankey

Class 4 - Chris Howard-Harris

Class 5 - Adrian Williams

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

*arrowup* the truck is always parked there and it's not 'that' close to the track...

to be honest, most people who get the chicane exit badly wrong start spinning and end up going head on into the bank on that side long before the access road *wink* I saw a Sierra Cosworth on a trackday go off there once and he ended up totalling the car against the bank *eek*

Richard - must be the neatest bit of parking I have seen in a long time - well done on avoiding the tyre walls on both sides of the track *thumbup* They do not usually take prisoners

Goodwwod gave a great day of competition - the winter is over at last *smile* *smile*

Good to see the winter has not dulled the paddock banter or indeed the competative spirit. Lots of new faces in the paddock, great weather and my first 100 pointer 😬 😬

Looking forward to Llandow, and hoping to need my *cool* *cool*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Oh dear, dear so mad I wasn't there, I love the place. Never mind the gearbox is in and I even got the oil in it this afternoon. Should be firing shortly.

Richard you understeered off both times, you need that wide track!!! 😬 😬 😬

Well done Matt, what were the times??

See you at Llandow.........I hope

Roger7C

• Area Representative

Roger,

Matt did 98.0something.

I think my best was 99.80 ☹️ (but my in car video shows that I did not deserve to be quick! My lines were all over the place)

Richard you understeered off both times, you need that wide track!!!

Or maybe a little less speed, and a better line *smile*

The Jenkins car does not have wide track either, and that looks to go well enough! (unfortunately, I think its the driver, not the car!)

Edited by - Richard Price on 26 Apr 2009 18:47:29