Click here if you are having website access problems ×

An alternative in addition of "spotted"...something like "Hide n Seek"

mattjamesw

Born from the experience of having owned my 7 for over three years, used it virtually everyday to and from work but also to and from Oxfordshire to Kent and not been spotted as far as i can tell, with worrying levels of inspecting the spotted threads hoping someone would have caught a glimpse of me.... to no avail....So how about an alternative, where by all those who want to participate enter the colour, and reg of their seven to a datbase held by the administrator, and then as your seven is spotted you are effectively eliminated from the "game", it would require honesty from those offering to participate, regarding how infrequently they realistically take their 7 on the road, those who only use a few times a year maybe should not enter, maybe Caterham could be roped in to offer some "wooden spoon" type prize for the last 7 to be spotted??

just an idea to counter my growing frustration at not ever being spotted...

having posted this I'm hoping it will lead to fate ironically causing me to be spotted tomorrow???

cheers Matt W

😬 - seems massively over complicated to me!!

How about you tell us where and when you might park in your 7, say at a major junction or something, and we'll all drive past and wave.... *wavey*

You would think considering the mileage we do/did, we would be spotted easily, but no - nothing. Until, in possibly the most detached spotted ever, our car was spotted on a 'Concorde' forum, as a very brief flash on someone's home video of one of the last take-offs of Concorde from Heathrow. I had driven down there to watch and parked in a long line of cars by the side of the main road. Someone from blatchat was on the same forum, and saw the blue flash!

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

102,000 miles car

Actually I've given up 'spotting' people unless I get to speak to them and tell them I'll say something in 'Spotted' ... On the last occasion I saw a 7 I was in my Defender and it was coming the other way - I flashed my lights, waved excitedly and didn't get so much as a flicker from the bloke driving ☹️

However there was a Defender behind the 7 and he waved and smiled very broadly at me ... so my efforts weren't completely wasted!! *biggrin*

Hi Matt

So far I've done 13,000 miles this year and not one spotted!

So, when you park up for the drive by let me know and I'll park next to you 😬

Si

Oi! Saxo boy! you might think it's ugly, but you're only gonna see the back anyway!

Beaulieu #28