Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Glass Polishing

c7trp

• Support Team

Anyone any experiance of this from Frost's?

Currently got the screen out of the frame and was wondering if it was worth trying to get some of the tiny stone chips out with this before I put it all back together?

• Support Team

Cheers Mav *thumbup*

Nothing wrong with it as such, just loads of v.v.small pits from 45k miles of stone chips.

Not a problem really just thought whilst its out I have the opportunity to tart it up *wink*

I brought a very similar kit from ebay to try polish out the scratches from the wiper blades on my screen.

I don't overly mind the marks, I see right through them but I thought it was worth a try. Will give a bash this weekend, weather permitting.

I'll get back to this post If i get round to it :)

Below is my brothers response (he works for an auto glass maufacturer in R&D).

It won’t go near the chips, only thing to sort that is a new WS.

For scratch removal, we use rouge and a polishing pad – but not on a drill like that, we use it on a proper polishing wheel. To be honest, it’s only effective on scuffs and abrasions, if you can feel the scratch (in any way) there is nothing that can be done.

I didn't buy the kit from frosts but I have the same thing - I used it with a dremmel polisher wheel to remove the (fairly deep) scratch i caused with my ring (oooh-er) when cleaning the inside of the window.

Even though it was deep, because it was a fairly long scratch, I was able to remove it after about an hour's work. I would have replaced the screen except it WAS a brand new screen. The kit was frowned upon by people who know about these things but as it was that or a new screen I went with it and I'm happy.

• Support Team

Cheers Steve *thumbup*

Yeah - "chips" is probably the wrong word, these are tiny marks less than half a mm in dia

Paul - I did think of accidentally dropping it (and nearly did trying to get the frame off) 😬