Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cycle Wing front hole position needed

nigelpugh

Guys,

Just been working on the front cycle wings on my car.

However they have not been marked for the front drill hole positions.

I shall be using the big head mounting system, to save drilling holes in the wing and stays but make them easier to change in future.

But I still need to work out where to position them on the stays.

From a search on here it seems that from the racing regs the front position is 65mm +/- 10mm, but this seems to have the wing quite far back.

Another thread mentions that a vertical line projected up from the front wheel is the correct position.

Can any one here tell me the exact official position please?

Also does it matter the actual position, as long as they are the same on both sides of course?

Thanks in advance.

Nige.

Nigel

R500 CP - New 2008 Duratec R500

Would be interested in the template position too Dave *wink*

When I fitted some on ca07bon I just choose what I thought would be the best position, not too far back from the front (I wanted a bit of aerodynamics) but far enough down to reduce stones flying off.

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON

Nigel,

It does matter about the position as this is checked at SVA, but I can't remember what it is exactly. I think it is that the leading edge of the wing has to be in line, or in front of the the leading edge of the wheel (not tyre) as a minimum...

Edited by - mav on 21 Oct 2008 14:22:55

Anyone found a foolproof way of fixing Bighead fasteners to the wings? I've tried stuff like Araldite and Chemical metal but I think its too brittle and doesn't seem to stay attached for long. In the end I've just used the black rubbery goo that they use for windscreen fixing (as Caterham midlands do) to stick the wings directly to the wingstays but obviously this is a somewhat permanent (and potentially messy) method.

"Anyone found a foolproof way of fixing Bighead fasteners to the wings? "

carbon-bits.com tell you everything you need to know about fixing front cycle wings in their pdf file on instructions. Only thing missing is positions.

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON