Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T pair of BMW roof bars for E46 3 series + others - now sold

Alan L

I have a pair of genuine BMW roof bar to fit 3 series E46 shape. Those bolt into holes in the roof gutters.

Update: Instructions say will fit 3-Series compact and 5-Series.

Can be used as is or basis for roof box, cycle carriers etc.

Still in excellent condition as only fitted to car a couple of times, stored in original box.

Cost me £125 from BMW. Yours for £75.

Alan and his Yellow and Green 1700 BDR HPC.

Edited by - alan l on 17 Apr 2009 20:59:34

Paul, there is a good chance you are right as they fit more than just the 3 series.

The part number off the receipt is B82.71.0.142.220

I should still have the fitting instruction is the box so I'll check them for what other vehicle fittings in the morning.

Alan

Peter, I've checked the installation instructions and it does not mention 1-series so I'm afraid you would need to confirm as I wouldn't want to mislead you.

Probably a bit too far to try them for fitting. Shame I didn't think of this last week as I was in your part of the world.

Instruction do say these will fit 3-Series compact & 5-Series as well.

I had a pair of these and can confirm they dont fit a 1 series ( Wife swapped her car ) but they do fit a 5 ( or at least mine did ) .

If you are looking for a pair for a 1 series good luck , they are like rocking horse Sxxx.I managed to get a pair off E Bay .

Good luck with the sale .

Mark W, thanks for the confirmation on the 1-series no point in wasting Peter's time.

I have found a website that would indicate these would fit a E53 & E70 X5. Mark P if you are still interested then I'd check with BMW first but if you are close enough you are welcome to come round to try them for size.

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...