Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Can I hide here 2 ................

Hibster.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antonella

"Are you suggesting we set up splinter groups?

NO/YES There are many local L7C events so why not. You have already identified that there is a need to a speed event/series in the S. East.

What would happen to the numbers of current contenders then?"

Well as you have or was it Paul there is loads for the current contenders close to the middle or west of the country. I would think it will make no real diffrence.

The discussion is about geting new people into speed events from the S.East. The rest seam to manage with the current set up. Harewood in Yorkshire had an event on the other week. The L7C had the largest group.How many live in or near Leeds?

a few years ago the champoinship did Cadwell on the Saterday and Harewood on the Sunday. Again lots of travling.

so

I do understand that the club should try to include everyone. But in the real world this is never going to happen. It would be nice.

lets have a recap.

no one what to travel ( short distances are ok) So let us say 2hr to 3hrs.

So if you live here Cadwell Park for example you not going to do many events. This is fine if you live in the centre of the UK but as you go out to Devon, Cornwell, parts of Kent and Sussex travel times increase.

Should we have an event in the S. East no real reason why not, but one event is not a champoinship.

It a difficult one to resolve, but I see no reason why the can not be a S. East Speed champoinship. The current L7C champoinship is amazingly sucsessful ( thanks to Mark and BB) with about 100 regsterd. I think if we added all those in the S.E who want to sprint it could just become to big. so we could have reginal speed champoinships and have a nutral venue say in France were the overall champoins are disided.

TM

"no one what to travel ( short distances are ok) So let us say 2hr to 3hrs"

Well that rules out all of the current venues for Antonella or anyone who lives in Kent or Scotland

We dont want ONE event in the SE as some sort of token effort, we'd like like the venues to reflect where the members live

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

TM,

I sort of like your reasoning but what you are saying needs to be approved by the management. If not, it is in effect creating a splinter group (which I am against) which the main group will be seeing as a competitor. Keep in mind we cannot assume competitors living in the West are not going to be keen on travelling, particularly if, as one person is saying, they are keen to try out new venues.

I am not sure if there is any other club that splits its championship into area and not sure there is the need to do it anyway.

All I asked for was a redistribution of event venues.

Let's not make this bigger than it already is...

Antonella

my photos here here

Yes as it stands the front runners in most classes manage to attend every event at every venue (just look at the leader board) so a redistribution of venues would mean that folk living all over the country would stand more of a chance

oh and if you look at folk further down the leader board which rounds have they all attended - Curborough, and which ones have they not attended - ooh look the disant Welsh ones

So the front runners all like travelling (or have no families and/or deep pockets) and those further down the board and more likely to be midlands based and want to compete more locally

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Give us a break Paul. We all choose where to live and everywhere has its pro's and cons.

I hate traffic and would rather spend on fuel traveling to events every few weeks than sit in jams every day of the week.

I accept Antonella probably has traffic more akin to ours.

TH

I'm baffled by your posting, what has traffic in the South East got to do with sprint venues ?

It all seems to be down (as do most things in the club) to one persons decisions rather than a debate or group decision

There is nowhere for members to express their views - and when they try they are told that the status qou is how it is and to shut up

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Paul the method you have chosen to undertake this debate from the outset has been confrontational. And it worked well done ☹️

Initially Antonella's question was a reasonable one which I thought we had tried to answer.

Like everything if you sit on the sidelines and shout you probably won't be listened to.

Whereas if you were to come along and join in and get involved your voice would most certainly be heard.

Before my final comment I would strongly point out that without Mark's, and previously Graham's time and effort there would be no Championship. It is comments from the likes of you that make hard working members wish they hadn't bothered.

However I know for certain that there are many more grateful members standing alongside Mark supporting him than there are criticising the Championship. Ooo lets see I counted 3.

And my final point. To make your comments upstairs and then close the thread was extremely poor show and very distasteful after people had spent time and effort replying.

Paul

It all seems to be down (as do most things in the club) to one persons decisions rather than a debate or group decision

Incorrect the calendar of events is discussed at the Speed Championship Awards lunch and on the speed section of Blatchat.

There is nowhere for members to express their views - and when they try they are told that the status qou is how it is and to shut up

Sorry havn't you just done that and I have not told you to shut up. You have given your point of view and I have explained the difficulties in having rounds of the championship in the South East. If you are that disatisfied with the way the championship is organised then raise it with the Club Management Team but please include some constructive proposals on how to resolve the problem.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Secondly there is no need to take it on Paul...

are you afraid of the can of worms I opened and of discussing this with a woman?

Paul has proven the point objectively with maps and locations rather than my subjective feelings as a competitor.

as much as I have led the minority we still have the right to express an opinion and not feel threatened by people who are louder and have no more authority than anybody else.

People cannot post an honest and frank opinion without feeling that they might be lambasted. I've done it before and I'm not afraid. Never been afraid to ask uncomfortable questions inorder to make sure everything has been done.

If you think asking questions is confrontational, then yes, here I am, confrontational no 1 and proud.

Antonella

my photos here here

That said Mark you have given a clear and honest reply on what has been done and the reason for doing so... with that I am very satisfied *thumbup*

I have no doubts you have done the best but with no explanation what do you expect people to think?

🤔

Asking questions should not be taken as an affront ☹️

Antonella

my photos here here

I been away and found the thread closed up stairs *mad*

The club is a national club. yes we have members all over the place even New Zealand, Canada.

It is imposible to keep all members happy. But the club does its best. We have local meets and events. I was on the club stand at the Classic/Historic show at Stoneligh last year and a member from Scotland came over and said he felt the club does nothing for him as its all down south. I can see his point but also feel he could help himself out of this problem.

I have been trying to find the excelent artical in Low Flyer about a 1st time sprinter. It was a few months ago. It was a local group base in Scotland. I was very impresed. Whey felt the was a need and an intreast in there area and got on with it.

There have been some good discusion and am sure we now need some time to reflect on both threads.

David