Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dipstick?!

Nifty

I reckon Caterham modify a Rover original. My 1.4 SS dipstick seems to have the original markings ground off and a "waist" ground in, which I presume is the MAX level since there are no words !!

If you've broken yours beyond all recognition, I could let you know the measurement from o-ring to "waist" and overall so you can compare with a Rover item.

Dave

The old flat blade type yellow plastic one is indeed a doctored standard Rover one. The two nicks in the side to show max oil level with the original level XXX's filed off. These nicks happen to co-incide with the bottom of the support tube inside the sump. I noticed this the other day while doing a sump change. The newer dipsticks are a wire extension with a small plastic section at the measuring end. I guess these are more flexible/durable.

Chris et all

Mine still has the xxx's on and no nicks, sounds like a previous owner has replaced it with a Rover one, anybody happen to know where the min/ max marks compared to what I have?

or am I off to Caterham as well to buy one

Mark

Sorry - just to confirm this. Our all yellow plastic stick has about an inch of molded in 'XXX's still on one side, with 'Hi' and 'low' molded in aswell. Then it also has a knotch about an inch further up the stick. Is it this mark which shows the maximum oil level?

Just want to be sure, thanks!