Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Eligibility for Speed Events

hillclimber

Afternoon Chaps

I'm wanting to enter the August Harewood Event as a Lotus 7 Club Member and Join the club ranks for the day as a change of scenery rather than entering as a my usual Harewood Championship contender

Do I need to be a registered Speed Championship member aswell or is my Lotus 7 Club membership enough?

Next question is RE class eligibility, it's a funny one this, looking at the regs i'd place my car in L7 class 5 purely on the tyres, the cars spec is:

99 Roadsports A car (supersport 135hp, dry sumped, 6spd)

Std Induction

Caged

Road registered

Aero Screen

13" ACB10s with the larger 235 rears

Thoughts please?

Helps much appreciated

Simon

Mark will be able to answer this when he is back in the land of the living.

However this is my take.

If we run as our own class as we do at Harewood you would need to be a Registered Championship Entrant. If we run as we do at Pembrey in and amongst the other Mod Space framed cars then you would be grouped with us and it would be up to Mark/Regs. if you were classified in the results for that event only. You would definately not score championship points but since you are only interested in the 1 event that makes no difference.

Definately Class 6 due to the tyres. The car could be either Class 2 or 3 if other tyres were fitted.

Thanks for the info

I wasn't sure on the tyre front, so class 6 it is, if I get into the L7 championship

As for the current class, I haven't run this car yet it's still in pieces on the garage floor! but it's going to be in class B mod prods upto 2000cc with slicks and fly screen and get a good whooping this year... *rolleyes* I ran the yellow ex clio cup car in the same class last year.ex clio cup car

I've run in class 4 with 1As and class 5 with 1As in my old Caterhams, I recognise the name greg is yours the BRG caterham in class 4? I used to have the rizla blue r400 in class 5 and before that the black roadsports with the fullcage.

blue 7

Black 7

I'm staying with the big sticky tyres as i've always loved the way 7's look with big 13x8+rears but good list 1As just aren't about in the 13's ☹️

Thanks again for all your help

Simon

Edited by - hillclimber on 21 Apr 2008 15:53:03

Ah, yes I remember the Clio. I think I was next to you in the paddock on Practice day last year.

Mine's the black ex-acedemy/ graduates car propping up class 4, visually its very similar to your black one. Good luck in class B!

Greg

Hi,

You will have to register for the L7C Speed Championship. The invites we have from other clubs are for the Championship rather than the L7CGB members.

As the guys have said with ACB10's you will be in class 6 - we took the view for 2007 - continued for 2008 - that we would only permit List 1B radial tyres in Classes 3, 4 and 5. This leaves Class 6 as the 'catchall' class.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Simon

Your welcome to enter the championship and the form can be downloaded here. However, if your only going to enter this one championship round and are already eligible to enter the Harewood event via another club membership I will leave it to you to decide if you want to pay the £17:50 so you can run in the same class as us. As others have said your car is eligible for class 6 of our championship unless you fit different tyres.

Whatever you choose to do please come and say hello *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*