Click here if you are having website access problems ×

loan of sva compliant aeroscreen mirrors

RiF

Thanks David but I think a bit big and heavy for the aero *wink* *wink*

Steve, interesting thought. I had wondered about not using an aero but would still need to mount some form of mirror or two. Don't really want to drill more holes in the scuttle.

I can buy a set from Raceparts but only want them for 1 day (or hopefully so). Gather our standard ones are hit and miss due to size *wink*

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON

Thanks matt and David for your kind offers.

Will see what I can get from my mirror company and may be back.

As to MOT, I have never had or heard of any problems with the usual aeroscreen mirrors that are smaller than 100cm2. Depends on jobs worth as usual I expect *wink*

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON

As far as I'm aware the MoT doesn't check for the surface area of the mirrors or the fact they need to be E marked, just that you have them where necessary. The SVA one's need to be able to see all the lines and cones that are arranged behind the car during the test.

As an aside...I've a friend who has just put his XTR2 through SVA, and despite not being able to see diddly behind you through a centre mirror (the seats and air intake are all you can see) the SVA tester has said my mate must fit one, so that he can see that you cannot see anything behind and will then take into account the need to have two wing mirrors instead.

WTF?? *confused*