Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 ( registered July 2000)(ex R500OLE)

John Richens

Mango with carbon wings and nose band,2700 miles only ....(1800 trackday miles) bearing upgrade being done by Minister just now.

Fully specced and meticulously maintained...,spec can be altered to suit needs i.e more road than track.

The car has had ONE off at Silverstone in March 2001 (RMA day)which was repaired at the factory and well documented at the time.

£29000.

Please Email Jrichensx@aol.com for any other information.

Woah - Hang on a sec. My total involvement so far has been

A) Trying on a suit

B) Tasting a cake

C) Telling a photographer that I didn't want any Poncey lovey dovey photos.

............Which I reckon is getting off lightly.

If she wants to dress in Johns R500 then no complaints. It would be fun to compare it to the old girl (L20 CAT)

Sorry for the Hijack John.

• 1 month later...

Picked the car yesterday(Saturday 29th June) fresh from the factory post Minister rebuild...I had a new clutch plate put in whilst the engine was out so any buyer can't ask for any more effort from me...will be advertising the car this week ...I hope the car goes to a good home.

Cheers John

p.s 2800 miles now and am confused as to which car I should be selling !!

Can contact via email or mobile 07770 392048.

John,

Bearing upgrade can you be more specific. Have Minister fitted a new type of bearing if so please can you tell me what they have fitted and to what or have they finally decided to run with 5 plain bottom and 5 grooved top main bearing shells instead of the stock Rover configuration of 7 plain and 3 grooved main shells. Or is this just fittment of the Vandervell big end shells.

Rob.

John.

I'd love your R500. Just ain't got the required. Someone will have themselves a beauty.thumbsup.gif Lucky ba****ds!!!

PS. I'd have your new 'un too although I'm reliably (?) informed that the neighbours wouldn't be too impressed though. Free neighbourhood hearing defenders is the solution!!!!!!!confused.gif

Mathew A.

Not sure if your better half would like you comparing her with the 'old girl'. Oh,........... you mean the Caterham!

Arnie,

The way Minister have been building the engines has also carried over the Rover bearing layout, even though the Farndon crank expects a different oil supply. FWIW big end failures seem rare now, and that is with the combined testing talents of Ince, Martin, Krebs etc.

Rob,

I suspect that the bearings are the same pattern but VP2 material.

Peterid=teal>

253 BHP K-seriesteeth.gif, no gearboxbum.gifid=red>