Click here if you are having website access problems ×

bike clocks for SVA?

The Pikey

Jason means Busa clocks.

Various locost BECs seem to get away with them so I guess they may be OK. Busa clocks do have rounded edges, well, the 99-07 models did anyway. The Busa clocks are apparently very accurate and reliable and there's idiot lights for everything except fog lights IIRC. The fuel gauge is even a pretty good match for the Caterham sender - well, at least the older type Caterham sender. Don't know what else the SVA man may get funny about.

Only problem with the Busa clocks is that the binnacle is too big to get behind the steering wheel so you need to mount them in the middle of the dash - which is a bit sh1te. Still, they do their job perfectly well. You'll need a speedo healer to correct the speedo though.

After seeing what info they display I really wanted to fit them. They show what gear you are in, have ecu fault lights and obviously a usable rev counter and more but I didn’t realise the Busa clocks would not fit behind the wheel.. That’s enough of a reason not to fit them. But I can leave the plug on so I can plug em in to show faults if needed.

I'll think again.

Thanks

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

Jason.. I used them on my Westfield megabusa. I centred the clocks in the dash. Be carefull for radius problems on the clocks in SVA... when you move beyond the main area of the steering wheel all protusions must meet SVA requirements. As such I recessed the clocks into the dash. I can get you photos if required. You will need a speedo healer for correct calibration. I fabricated 4 pickups on the front prop flange and worked from there. The calibration adjustments are suitably fine to get a very accurate reading. Make sure the speedo display has both kph & mph.. required for SVA. re diagnostics plug on the busa loom.. by bridging the terminals on the plug the clock will display the fault codes which can be cross referenced to the haynes manual, certainly makes life alot easier.

BUSA POWWWER

Timbo

Yes it really does make sense to use them if I can.

I am looking at them now and the centre clock measures 125mm high and I could shave 5mm off that if needed.

Can someone measure the distance from behind the dash between the scuttle and the steering column please?

These later clocks do seem smaller than the ones in the Haynes manual.

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.