Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CAGED SV Chassis Duratec

timbo

Got my new chassis - couple of immediately obvious questions.

The new caged chassis has additional twin offset vertical spars on the exhaust exit side - right smack bang where the raceline 4 primary exhaust exited on my old arch SV. Anybody done a 2.0L duratec in the new caged chassis (SV) who can comment on exhaust?

No fuel return line like my old SV Duratec chassis - whats the approach here guys? I have the single H.P. fuel line exiting from the top of the fuel tank leading up to engine bay.

Also need to check std fuel pump is suitable up to 3.5bar running op on my 230 bhp engine.

BUSA POWWWER

Stuart - F.P. could be an issue - need exactly 3.5 bar base line pressure. If pump regulates over that I am fine as I can bring it back on a separate regulator - but I just know it's not going to be that way!

BUSA POWWWER

Checked with Caterham.... early discussions may be c. 3.2 bar mark but to be verified. Looks like a problem they need to sort as original order was for Duratec chassis.

re. exhaust .... looks like caterham manifold only option. This could also be a problem if their bellhousing for the Duratec is greater or less than 195mm (195mm is my Titan bellhousing depth measurement mated to the 6 speed).

It does look like this could be quite interesting... it'll either be finesse or angle grinder *wink*

BUSA POWWWER

Timbo

I'm also installing a 2.0l duratec into a new kit with the R400 pump (not SV) no fuel return with the raceline fuel rail. I called raceline last week regarding not having a fuel return they think it will not be a problem but asked for a couple of weeks to sort a solution. So raceline are aware and sorting the problem.

sorry slight thread high jack

Mic

Have you any experience of the following set up I'm worried I could have a few problems with compatability. Raceline engine mounts and bellhousing with the Caterham exhaust R400 system.

Thanks Andrew