Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BB in Quaiffe LSD - Update on first page 23 Jan 08

John Howe

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I have ordered an LSD with a new starter kit for delivery in early March, but have just heard that the LSD supplied now by CC has changed, and is not as good as the previous ZF......is that true? I can change spec if quick. If I went for the Quaife should I order a standard non LSD diff from CC, or is there a better option please? Engine will be 220 duratec and gearbox as yet undecided (maybe BGH 5 speed) . Am beginning to realize how little I know....and have'nt started yet!! Definately interested in the Quaife unit if suitable and available in time. *smile*

... for those waiting for an update. Quaiffe did phone me but have yet to come back with prices.

If I haven't heard from them by Thursday I will take it u[p with them on Thursday at Autosport.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Hi Alan, I phoned CC and they are unsure at the moment. I left it that I would be happy with the Quaife unit, which they can supply, but they will advise of any new possibility. In order to keep things simple (despite the possible savings), I will go their route and won't be joining in on the bulk buy unfortunately. ☹️

Quaiffe have been draging their feet over this one.... even had to give them the invoice reference from the previous BB.

Long and short of it is that I spoke to Len Unwin at Autosport last Friday and he has promised to confirm prices this week. It is likely to be based on a sliding scale discount i.e. more we order the more we get off.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

• 3 weeks later...