Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Totally Confused - Fuel Pump Works without Emerald wired in??? - Update Resolved by Peter Carmichael

MikeE

I know it was.........well apart from the blemishes caused by the fire suppressant of course.

Glad to hear it is running Mike. I must admit, I just assumed you had the Emerald software and was able to calibrate the TP but never mind, I trust it now runs well? *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 7 Sep 2007 13:15:23

Don't know yet as I just ran it at 2,000 - 2,500 rpm for 20 minutes while Peter tweaked a few parameters. Pland to tidy up the wiring and fit the uprated fuel pump on sumday then take it out for a 30 minute drive to make sue everythings ok.

The mapping sessions booked for Thursday, then need an MOT (any local recommendations?), run it for 500 miles, change oil then back on track hopefully by early Oct *wink*

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

As you now have the K3 ecu Mike, why not use the switchable function so you can alternate between an MOT friendly map and the proper one at the flick of a switch?

Phil Waters has added a switch to his so in theory he can switch between 3 different maps. Quite why you would actually want 3 I can't imagine but there's nothing like having a few more bits to play with on a 7. 😬

I'm sure Dave Walker could then adjust the map in switch position 2 to be a bit more MOT friendly IYSWIM. *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 7 Sep 2007 16:07:51

yeah had thought that and mentioned it to peter but he said the map wouldn't really vary much, will mentioned it on the day though.

Danny has 3 maps and a switch on his ecu, I know he has a dry and wet weather map, don't know what the 3rd is for. The wet weather one reduces the torque to try and allow him to exist corners without spinning I think.

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

Edited by - MikeE on 7 Sep 2007 16:30:16

Closed and open airbox maps (loud/quiet), and another with some ignition backed off on initial throttle progression. This is to try and allow opening the throttle a bit earlier when it's pouring with rain so I can reduce the amount of time I get sprayed by the car in front! Great feature...