Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which Battery

Andy Best

I think I need a new battery, following the installation of a new engine the car won't start unless I use an additional external battery ☹️.

As the Banner is currently three years old it may be just below par but I am wondering what the choices are and will they work *confused*. I would rather avoid having to get a new starter at present but am unsure if a single battery will ever give enough cranking volts/power.

Choices so ar

New Banner

Powervamp with club discount

Oddessey 545

I am hoping the wisdom out in BlatChat land can help.

Andy

Powervamp or odyssey

i went PV and have had no starting problems since. It's a straight terminal swap BUT you will need to fabricate a new battery holder or buy the one made for the job as the battery is half the size of a banner.

Mine now sits far more neatly than the old Banner did and car starts first turn of the key. Be aware you may need longer cables but i managed (just) without.

BRILLIAAAANT 😬

Edited by - wild bill on 29 May 2007 11:36:12

Looks like a call to Powervamp then, can you tell me

1) What are the optional post like, do they replicate the banner posts.

2) Will I need one of their charges or will my existing Optimate or Race Technology trickle chargers do the job.

Cheers Andy

Edited by - Andy Best on 29 May 2007 13:24:22

• Area Representative

Andy - the optional 'SAE' batttery terminal posts will replicate those on your banner, but are made of brass. They screw into the female M6 connections on the battery.

You could change your leads (or put ring terminals onto your existing leads) to connect straight onto the female M6 connections as many people do, but I prefer the posts personally and have them on my Powervamp.

Crudders

Edited to add - your Optimate will be fine.

Edited by - Crudders on 29 May 2007 16:01:21