Click here if you are having website access problems ×

aeroscreen mirrors (R500)

EvoDunc

I`m going to change between full screen and aeroscreen and to make it nice and quick install the brackets featured on the Caterham website. I know I`m stuck with the rather ugly mirrors that come with the standard doors but fancy some nice carbon ones for the aero. Just wondered what you guys use??

Spa do some nice ones in either carbon or grp, the std caterham offering is the Spa ones I think but you can source them from many places, dt, gpr and spa direct.

You can chosse flat or convex glass. Check archives to join the flat vs conves debate.

Regards

Rich

Look here www.carbon-bits.com. Richard does some nice ones (Racetech), can also get mounts now to mount them on windscreen stanchions, they are really designed for use without sidescreens, you would have to be careful when opening the sidescreen but I suspect you could use them with the sidescreens if you wanted and remove the big ones off the doors.

I have them on my aero and they work well.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85

My set up which works for me with a JPE type screen, FIA bar and Tilletts is a SPA flat centre mirror on a relatively short post (2"), and SPA Saloon convex wing mirrors on either side. I tried the Formula mirror and it was so small as to be almost useless in my mind.

see image for more info.

HTH,

Nick

Edited as I didn't know my flat from my convex!

Edited by - Alba 7 on 19 May 2007 13:41:33

Thanks Nick, they look good. Mick is also doing the work on my car. Can I just ask...........with just your aeroscreen, do you have any problems with wind buffetting? I`ve got a full screen (no half doors) and just bought a half hood and now have the aero also. Just wondering if I can get away without buying the full doors.

Dunc,

I find the car with aero and no side doors / half doors fine. Of course there is a lot of wind but it is clean and doesn't buffet even at 'interesting' speeds.

You may need to invest in a par of decent wrap around shades or goggles as the wind does tend to make my eyes water (a lot if I'm just wearing my specs but hardly at all with close fitting Oakleys).

Today was really windy (gusting force 5 - 6) and the half tonneau (I'd left the passenger half in place) stayed put - though it did inflate a bit when the wind was coming from the drivers side!

Something I've noticed is that as the speed builds I tend to tip my head forwards and down a little, probably trying to keep down behind the aero and keep out of the flystream - there were a lot of the buggers out this morning!!

Aero, is to my mind, the rawest driving experience you can get *smile* The growl from the exhaust, the induction noise, the whine from the straight cut box and the wind tearing past your face really takes some beating 😬

Let us know how you get on!

Nick.