Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Is this the Caterham motorsport spec oil

bertie

This is the one that they put in the k-series and the one in my car and going in this Sunday on an oil and filter change. (Unless there is a change in the weather and I get a bag of chips to eat on the prom at Aberystwyth)

BRG and Yellow nose VU06 XZX

The Comma Motorsport Caterham oil is different to whats in Halfords.

Spekaing with Comma some time ago they tell me there are currently 64 different blends of 5/50 oil they produce and what is supplied as Caterham oil is unique.

Spekaing with Comma some time ago they tell me there are currently 64 different blends of 5/50 oil they produce and what is supplied as Caterham oil is unique

Where as they told me that it is all the same *confused*

Don't I recall many threads elsewhere on here that confirmed the Comma CC oil is the same stuff as Halfords (Trackday/Performance - I can't be ar$ed to go and look at the bottles in the garage) 5W-50 fully synthetic oil, or whatever it is called ..... (edit - Motorsport Oil ... just looked at website.)

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. photos

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 11 May 2007 20:03:51

Sorry Dunc, I wasn't having a go so I appologise if it sounded like it.

It's just that I would never expect tham to say anything else.

Companies like to keep the mystery alive to protect their margins.

There was a similar situation on Yokohama A048 tyres where there was a "special" LTS version for the Elise only avilable from main dealers and muck more expensive than the normal A048.

They've dropped it now and a guy at Lotus told me while I was there a few weeks ago that there was in fact no differance.

Bertie, having worked in the lube oil blending field for a short time I would say that the number of blends around the same base oil can be quite mind blowing!as there are many different service factors that influence the product make-up.

Barry

R400 Duratec No. 001

Fair play, maybe there is something to it, you clearly have a better knowlege of the subject then I.

I'd be suprised but I can accept I might be wrong, that'll be twice now, the last time was 1978!!

• 4 weeks later...