Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pheasant > Nosecone Interface :-(

Mark Adderley

Having a great blat coming home from work tonight, until I came round a corner and a firkin pheasant decided to end it all by leaping into mu nosecone ☹️

Grill is pushed back into the radiator and bottom half of cone is smashed - the radiantor elements are pushed in slightly on a 2" square area.

Does anyone have any idea of the likely cost of replacemnt cone/grill & poss radiatory? Guess that will determine if it's an insurance job or not ☹️

B*gger! I was having a really good day till 1/2hr ago!

Cheers

Mark

1400 SS - 48k and counting......

• Leadership Team

Bad Luck ☹️ Bloody stupid animals aren't they (mind you, they're bred for being shot rather than Master Mind I suppose).

We had exactly the same thing a couple of years ago. It was only when I took the engine out for a rebuild that I got rid of the very last of the roasted pheasant...

Michael.

Cheers Chaps

Insurance excess is £200, so I guess it makes sense to claim (it'll be about there with nose cone, grill and mesh and then there's paint on top.

Any collective thoughts on how how critical a small (2"x2") creased radiator element would be - would this necessitate a new radiator? Gulp.

Thanks

Mark

Mav/Gareth

Thanks for the advice - have decided to bend the fins back in place and ordered new nose cone from CC this morning.

Looks like I can get the nose cone, mesh and grill for around £200 delivered, which is about the same as my excess.

Thanks everyone on the thread for the help - I'm not feeling quite so depressed now!

Cheers

Mark