Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speed Championship Slalom Challenge - 11 March

Mark Durrant

Last year saw many great performances but who was the best driver 🤔 Now the overall championship was deservedly won by Brodie however, as good as our point scoring system is, the only true test is a head to head in cars of the same specification. Therefore, to help blow off the cobwebs from the close season and to finally end the arguments I have arranged for a Caterham slalom day at Silverstone on Sunday 11th March.

For those of you not familiar with these fun days, you will drive Caterhams own cars specially prepared for the day by Hyperion Racing. There will be a number of different slalom courses to test your driving skills and it will be against the clock.

There are 30 places allocated at a cost of just £120 each (normally £169 to anyone else) which also includes a sandwich lunch and hot and cold drinks throughout the day. However, if we can muster 40 drivers Caterham are prepared to lay on extra cars and run two courses on the day. Entries will initially be restricted to those who entered and supported the championship last year and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Magnificent prizes will be awarded for the fastest times and hopefully we will also be able to include a team competition.

Those of you who have done these events in the past know what a great crack it is. Make it one of your first Se7en events 2007.

So if you want to come along and test your talents against the best please send a cheque for £120 payable to Caterham Motorsport to Mark Durrant, 15 Searles View, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 4 FG.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - mark durrant on 14 Feb 2007 19:10:06

Edited by - mark durrant on 14 Feb 2007 19:10:57

Hi Mark.

I am not doing the speed championship, But have done the slalom days before and they are great fun. I would be interested in taking part as would a friend of mine. if you could let me know either way that would be great and if ok definetly two extra competitors. *thumbup*

C7 JOW

Edited by - james weaver on 15 Feb 2007 22:59:52