Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling users of LC1

jackb_ms

Hello!

I'm having some difficulty with my LC1. The first one had a problem so I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Could you confirm the only procedure I need to be is to the calibration one?

The LC1 will be connected to an Emerald

Cheers

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Hi Jack,

I was travelling this route a couple of years ago and had problems. I then reverted to the LM version and had no problems.

I suggest you contact Bill Shurvington (on the Sevens list), who is the "expert" on these Innovate goodies. Blat mail me if you need his contact details...

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting my LC-1 to work with an Emerald K3. I was getting lots of code 8s. The LC-1 would initially turn on correctly but then after a short period of time it would start flashing the dreaded code 8.

I believe I've now pin pointed this to the heater calibration. I had to do the heater calibration (disconnect the sensor, turn the LC-1 on, wait at least 5 seconds, turn it off, reconnect sensor) several times ( 3 or 4) before it would run reliably. It all now seems to be working okay.

Might be worth a try if you're still having problems ?

Mike

Martin,

to get the self-mapping working you need to go to the closed loop screen (part of the injection screen). If the settings are all blank (which I think is the default) you can copy the settings from one of the other maps in the installation directory, have a look at the VR6 map to get an idea of what is needed.

Then you need to set the feedback mode to adaptive for the sites you want to self map. The closed loop settings determine how and when the measured lambda is used to define a correction. The corrections to the base map appear in the corrections table and can then be applied to the base map.

This is all from reading between the lines and making some (un)educated guesses. Karl at Emerald is the one you need to talk to - he is getting the closed loop section of the manual written - don't know when that will be available.

If you want to use the self mapping feature then you really need to have a map that is already pretty close and a good signal to noise ratio from the LC-1.

I'm still experimenting with mine and have only got it mapping a few sites at a time - not helped by the weather ☹️

Hope that helps,

Mike

Mick,

you can read up about the LC-1 on the Innovate website at http://www.innovatemotorsports.com. You can download the manuals and they have FAQs on wideband oxygen sensors.

On the Emerald side, there is a brochure produced by Emerald detailing the capabilities of the K3 ECU. This should give you an idea of what is possible. Otherwise Karl at Emerald is probably your best bet for more info.

My wish for getting this system running is so that I have more flexibility to try out some ideas on my Seven without having to RR it everytime. I'm also going to be moving abroad soon so it should help to be a bit more self-sufficient.

Mike

Thank you Mike *thumbup* I know what you mean about having to be self-sufficient, when it comes to motorsport, I'm in the desert here!

Good luck with the move *wavey*

Edited to say, I will probably end up with an MBE ECU.

Semper in excreta solum profundum variat.

Edited by - Mickrick on 12 Feb 2007 22:29:19