Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Grey engine plug pins

Tony C

2003 SV - does anyone know:-

1. if the pins are a standard item and can be obtained seperately?

2. what size are they?

3. can they be accessed/replaced?

Cheers *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Thanks Peter - no more work from me today then *cool*

I guess any "Econoseal" connector would be OK or I guess I could merely unsolder the old wires I don't want on the grey plug I have and then solder on the new ones.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Hi Tony

don't know how much rewiring you're doing but there are a significant no of redundent ways in the Grey plug, from memory I reduced down to a 9 way plug, from VWP (http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/homepage/home.html), and removed about 5kg *wink* of wasted wiring. other benefit to look at is the tailor the loom to the car - there are HUGE loops strapped around the engine bay that can be dumped. - I spent a happy month last winter tidying the wiring and it certainly tidied everything up.

Paul.

Thanks Paul - I'm a complete numpty when it comes to this sort of thing and have to measure 4 times before cutting.

I'd hate to remove something that would stop the electrics from working properly.

I want to not only remove the redundant standard wiring, but wire it up for the Duratec *cool*

The Plug is a "Sumo" connector and pins would not doubt be available if you contact MES, the people who make Caterham's looms on (01926) 410327

If that fails speak to Steve at GWR Motorsport in Swindon, who make looms and stuff for MBE, and a number of works teams. 01793 527373.

EFA - Ex Fat Arnie

4 Counties AO and owner of K2RUM The car of two halves which is very nearly back on the road.