Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1994 BMW 525i SE Manual FSH (Now on Ebay) - 25 hours to go! Bargain at just £310!!!

New Cat

Now on Ebay:

Now on Ebay

See Pics Here:

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/16/16/3/17/67/2612317670099354532OsAlvv_th.jpg

1994 BMW 525i SE Manual Saloon. 192bhp 24v model (no niksail issues on this one).

Dark Metallic Green. Full Service History (BMW & independents).

Just coming up for 160K miles, engine still beautifully smooth, quiet & responsive, gearbox & clutch still tight (I've heard of some of these doing 300k on originals).

Light brown cloth seats (front seats in VGC in spite of miles (skinny drivers *cool*)).

Standard BBS 15" cross spoke alloys (not dodgy metric wheels).

All round working electric windows. Trip computer.

MOT until the end of April 2007.

Very recent good quality new rear brake discs and pads. Recent new catalyst and sensors.

Bad points:

Tax up at the end of the month.

Only one service light remaining so will need a service in the next few thousand miles.

Few dents & scratches and bits of wear and tear including keyed bootlid.

Air-con doesn't work (may just need re-gas).

Still a reasonably smart, quiet, refined and presentable car that eats motorways and returns close to 28mpg. In dark metallic green without any flash add-ons it doesn't suffer BMW hatred like most BMs. I'm only selling it because I'm getting a company car. It makes the ideal winter accompanyment to a Caterham and with a tow hook fitted I don't doubt would make a great towcar.

Price: £750 ono. Blatmail me (Jon) for further details or to view (West London, Poole (Dorset) or South Bucks/Slough area viewings possible).

Edited by - New Cat on 14 Dec 2006 10:03:51

Edited by - New Cat on 14 Dec 2006 22:12:11

Edited by - New Cat on 14 Dec 2006 22:13:00

Edited by - New Cat on 20 Dec 2006 18:37:03

I think the seller is going to have a problem...

It looks like he sold the car outside of ebay and so cancelled all bids. But because the auction had less than 12 hours to run he can't cancel the auction. Then a clever so-and-so put in a late bid at the initial starting price. By ebay rules the seller is obliged to sell at that price but if the car's already sold to someone else things can get a bit sticky...

I don't understand the postage bit unless that's there to effectively jack up the starting price by stealth. I'd like it to delivered to Lerwick please. With no added mileage. 😬

Edited by - sopris on 22 Dec 2006 09:25:12

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth 😬

I sold the car for £650 (a fair price IMHO).

The postage charge was something it asked me for when I started the auction and didn't change (I figured I was prepared to deliver the car anywhere in the UK for £250). This obviously would not have been added had I not delivered the car.

The final bid was placed by the final buyer - up to a high enough level to prevent anyone else putting in a cheeky bid then giving me negative feedback, then mutually withdrawn...

Sorry I went for a low hassle deal with a local buyer in the end....

FYI: Both the late iron block 24v 2.5 and later ally 2.8 had 192 bhp. The 2.8 was tuned for more torque and fuel economy - but apparently chippable for significant gains.

Edited by - New Cat on 22 Dec 2006 09:59:06