Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mirrors with half doors

andy couchman

Richard

They're standard "Racetech Single Seater" mirrors from Deamon Tweeks here

They're fitted into the bottom hole of the bottom door hinge. The hole needs enlarging a bit & the frame needs to be lose to get the nut into place & tighten it up, took me about an hour in total I think as they needed a bit of fiddling to get them in the right place. (adjust - sit in the car - look thru them - get out - adjust.......), not a difficult job tho.

The only problem I find is that the doors don't open a full 180 degrees, only 90, so the passenger (generally SWMBO) invariably moves the mirror when they swing open the door & it's a sod to get back into the right position.

I've got the convex ones & rear visablity isn't too bad, the flat ones may be better.

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Rif does the same mirrors with a special ball and socket bracket which screws directly through the frame stanchion. About 5 mins per side and the jobs a good un.

I would endorse earlier comments though about passenger door moving the mirror (assuming full doors of course) it's a PITA after a while.

Not my doors - but they're Caterham ones.

But... I'm just about to buy a pair of Jill Judd's for my 7 and already have provision for a mirror on the driver's side stanchion (an old single bolt fitting single seater mirror bought at a Lotus day years ago and with full rose jointed adjustability inside!). When I run the cutdown screen though that will disappear so I guess I'm in a similar situation - not sure how to play that.

Andy

Hi Alaskossie,

The headlamp brackets are one off fabrication using the older type brackets (without the additional suppost bracket) as a pattern. I did have a few problems with them as the originals were made of light alloy & weren't strong enough to hold the weight of even the smaller headlights. 1 actually snapped & the other showed signs of fatigue when I took it off. You can only get your headlights that low by using the smaller headlamps otherwise the front cycle wings hit them on full lock.

The turn signal lamps are fairing indicator lamps of a motor cycle but I can't remember which one. I'll have a look for the invoice in the morning to see if I can find it. They are wired up with a quick release socket next to the rear edge of the nose cone so they are easy to disconnect.

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Edited by - alan7 on 26 Oct 2006 01:03:54