Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hood with FIA roll bar question

John Ryan

• Leadership Team

If you don't use the hood frame ("hood sticks") then the hood won't have a proper shape. It'll be up, but mishapen particularly at the sides. The hood is designed to be supported by the hood sticks slightly forward of the FIA bar, and around 6" to the rear.

Stu.

• Area Representative

John,

For a standard car with a standard height FIA bar, the hood sticks are still used with the hood. If you have a race car, I have seen some hoods where there is only a single hood stick and the FIA bar provides some support. Otherwise if you have a tall FIA bar, the hood sticks aren't used at all (mainly because they can't go over the top of the bar!) and the standard hood is stretched very tightly anyway by the FIA bar...

HTH

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

When I used my hood with the new "Caged" FIA bar, the sticks were pretty much redundant.

I don't think the Caged bar is particularly bigger; maybe my hood was just a VERY tight fit.

I would suggest you try it - and just get the sticks if necessary. The sticks seem to come up

on ebay every now and then, as more people ditch the screen and weather gear. In fact,

you could probably have mine if they fit!

AB