Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Inconell exhaust systems

Peter T

Rather than going and having a custom exhaust made in Stainless, is there any reason why i shoud not spend a few quid more and have it made in inconell??

Does it fatigue crack?

Can it be repaired?

I know they weigh nothing but can they really be used for limited road work? 🤔

R500 Mango Madness

no problems with the material only that is is used in thinner gauges as it will take more heat this may lead to cracking if the work and welding is not of the highest quality, Simon Thornley has one on his w*******d, he had it made by Simpson Race exhausts and the quality is as good as ive seen, he tested the heat properties on the rollers it was glowing, his car is a high power k, didnt ask how much it cost to have fabricated though, we use this material a lot at work in sheet form and it is expensive and the nickle prices are going through the roof at the moment.

kevin R

black-ali HPC

Thanks Kevin, i was aware they made exhausts in this metal, but i already have been a customer of theirs and was not happy with the customer support *thumbdown* others i know have had certain issues too with them. *confused*

So is there anyone else i could use?

R500 Mango Madness

Call Phil at Good fabrications here

they are a quality outfit. I was there 3 weeks ago and they were sending exhaust across to the US. The do F1, Gt, Lamans cars ect.

BUt it is not going to be cheap.

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 11 Sep 2006 18:34:02]here

Edited by - David Nelson on 11 Sep 2006 18:35:07