Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil pressure sender thread

davef

Hi,

Can anyone definitively confirm what are the differing threads used for the oil pressure sender on a K series?

I'm completing my engine swap and have unfortunately need to acquire the correct adaptor for my Think Auto mechanical oil pressure gauge. With the original engine (2000 1.6 K) the sender thread was M12x1.5. The new engine (which I believe is actually newer as well), the threaded hole is smaller then this.

Last week I bought a M10x1.0 adaptor (having read on here that this is the 'other' size) - which doesn't fit. Another suggestion here is that it would be 1/8 NPTF. Are there any other sizes it could be? Does anyone actually know for certain? This is a bit of a showstopper in getting the new engine running ☹️, so I'm keen to find out the answer *smile*

Cheers Dave

Dave,

When I fitted my remote oil pressure gauge recently, I wasn't sure which size I needed, so I just bought both from Think. In the end, I needed the M12 for my 1998 1.8K, but the other one that Matthew Potter sent was the 1/8NPTF to 1/8BSP. You're welcome to have that one if you want.

Jonathan

Jonathan, many thanks for sending the adaptor - unfortunately this doesn't fit either. I've realised something about my installation - I'll start a new thread for that......

Dave