Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Firing on 1 & 2

mahatma

1800 k-series, been running an Emerald for some some but I've just changed the flywheel from a 36-2 to a 36-4 pattern.

I've changed this setting in the Emerald but the engine is only firing on cylinders 1 & 2. I've swapped the injectors around in the rail and it's definitely not firing on 3 & 4.

I seem to remember that there was some fix that Karl (from Emerald) had for this sort of situation, does anyone have the details at all?

Or can anyone think why changing the flywheel pattern would cause it only to fire on 1&2 - it used to be fine *confused*

Cheers

Andy

Myles had the exact opposite firing on 3 & 4 you might want to mail him as I understand its cured now. ISTR you can contact him on the Alcester Racing website.

Granted the speed of that thing isn't 2 cylinders enough 😬

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see one without an

erection, make him a sandwich

Mav came around and helped me sort it. A quick call to JJ and it was suggested that the flywheel pattern might determine the firing of the injectors. Linking the wiring for 1&4 and 2&3 has given the engine life again.

Andy

My pleasure *cool* It simply amazes me how at 60 yrs of age I realize just how little I know , the older you get the more you realize what a complete novice you are. I remember back in my early 30s I thought i knew it all, *confused* but as each year passes I realize just how litle knowledge I have amassed over the past 50 yrs I've been fiddling with cars.I rebuiilt my fathers Singer Gazelle when I was 11 and boy did I think I was clever, looking back on it it's a wonder it ever ran again. Anyone else got any recollections of early experiences.??

jj

N.I. L7C AO.

Membership No.3927.

Se7en Services.N.I.

Caterham Service Agents. www.onthelimiter.com