Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch Slip

wild bill

I have a 1.8 k series six speed with LSD with VHPD head and Jenveys plus Emerald ECU pumping 188 bhp according to Dave Andrews and car is now running very nicely, however at about 6500 revs it seems like the clutch starts to slip(either that or i'm getting wheelspin which i seriously doubt but possible with the roads as they are at the mo) The clutch isn't gone but i think it's going

If i'm replacing the clutch what should i be ordering as i know feck all. I'm pretty certain i don't want a lightweight clutch or a racing need replacing in 2000 miles clutch but one that will stay the course for a reasonable mileage. Any advice. Presumably i'll need to order a replacement CRB as well

Help needed

It could well be the roads!

I was concerned over what I thought was clutch slip around this time last year. 4th and 5th gear, felt like the clutch was slipping a bit - it wasn't. It was wheel spin as I changed gear. Only really confirmed by one sideways step. The car is over 180 hp with LSD. Roads didn't look too bad. Was running on worn 32r's, on a cold morning *wink*

Since then the car has done over 6000 miles, including the USA tour with no further issues.

you will wheelspin in this weather with 188 bhp

if the clutch is gone then you need a Cateraham AP R500 clutch and CRB . This will last at least 15,000 if you use it properly.

easy way to tell if the clutch is buggared is to drive up a fairly steep hill in a high gear and put your foot to the floor , if the revs rise and you dont go anywhere then the clutch is badgered .

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*

but then again if Chris learnt to change gear properly maybe he wouldn't have an issue???? *confused* *confused*and those roads up norf are normally coverd in horse-pooh from all the trap&ponies heading over the pass to Manchester to sell their whippets. Or so I've been lead to believe... 😬 😬 😬

The roads down south HAVE been very slippy the last few days. I've been getting wheel spin in 3rd gear in the tintop, so don't write your clutch off straight away.

Isn't the test to try dipping and suddenely re-engaging the clutch whilst cruising along at a steady 70ish? If it slips then, you've got a problem....