Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LM-1 Air/Fuel Ratio Meter

Dobuy

I am considering buying a LM-1 Air/Fuel Ratio Meter here

Initially I will use it to check the mixture on my Weber Alpha ECU, after I have put my new 2.3 engine in. However, as I am unable to alter the Weber's eprom, I will probably have to upgrade my ECU at some time in the future.

Has anyone had experience with this, do I need the rpm module?

Any help, alternatives or suggestions would be appreciated, as finding knowledgeable people out here in Dubai is slim pickings....

Duratec SV, built in Dubai *cool*

I have an LC-1 and have had my hands on an LM-1, but that was with an Emerald (so full access to logging etc.)

The man you need to talk to is Bill Shurvinton (blatmail through here) who supplies a number of wb systems including the Innovate kit.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Talk to Bill he is the man. I bought my unit through him. Friendly good service and even a club member discount.

Besides that is is a nice instrument that will give you a lot of information on your engine. And fairly easy to use.

Recommended.

Good luck

Jorgen

Bill's e-mail is bill@shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk

I run one, with a visual display on the dash. Thus I can always see how the fuel/air mixture is, in the same way you can look at a oil pressure gauge.

Have also linked it, with a little help from Ray Pearce on the lap top, to the Emerald and done a subsequent map modification using Chris Goods software - see Seven list for further info.

Foxy Smith has borrowed it to adjust the setting of the four carbs he hasd fitted to his Swindon Vx

... usefull bit of kit.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Hi Dobuy, yes to make the most of this type of kit you should aim to log throttle/load, rpm, and lambda. There are several options here;

1 - the LM-1 can output a voltage that is prop to lambda. This can be passed into some logging device such as a DL-1 (seach the web), your ecu, etc

Now if your ecu can log data it will include rpm, load, air temp etc etc.

2- use the Innovate LMA3 to convert a tacho signal into something the LM-1 can log. Then you can also feed the load/throttle signal into the LM-1 (via the LMA3 to prevent ground noise problems).

3 - Im sure there other solutions ....

Option two is good because Innovate make some real good analysis software to help make sense of all the data youre logging.

Innovate also make a aux-2 (?) box. Basically a box that enables you to connect directly to the LM-1 analogue inputs. However, the LMa3 is a much better option (also more expensive :-( ) as it will avoid any noise issues and also provide g-force sensors, thermocouple inputs etc.

Another optionj to consider is the techedge from www.wbo2.com.au. Maybe not as accurate as a LM-1, but prob more robust and less sensitive to overheating etc etc. (see the innovate forum for loads of reported problems with sensor placement/over heating)

Whatever option you go for, have a look at the Innovate logworks analysis soft. It cam import data too, so can be used with other data logger.

Bills usually very helpful ... and Im sure he could help out with either of the above wideband kits.

Adam

Edited by - Adam on 30 Sep 2005 23:24:56

The LM-1 has two analogue outputs. Each can be programmed to output a voltage between 0-5V thats proportional to its lambda measurement. These signals are available on the LM-1s mini-jack socket (similar to a headphones socket). Should be easy to connect that to one of the DL-1 (differential) inputs. Now you'll also want the DL-1 to log RPM, and engine load in whatever form the ECU measures load, eg throttle position.

What you should also consider is how you what to analyse the data .... Innovates Logworks, the Race Technology software, excel etc etc. If the DL-1 can export the data then you might find Innovates logworks an interesting alternative.