Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pride hurt more than car.

DSL

Just finished checking car over after numpty crash at Loton.

New rad / nose cone / check tracking / bend a few mounting brackets back to shape & should be up & running again in plenty of time for Curburger (sorry John!)

Darren

Pleased to hear that the damage is not serious given the speed you were carrying at the time of your off at the mountain, you might want to think of an air brake as the Caterham big brakes are not too effective when airborne *wink*

See you at Curbugger *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

I was at Museum when you decided to go cross country.

I might be wrong but I don't think you're meant to try and jump the tyre wall 😳

Glad to hear the damage wasn't too serious.

P.S I like the attempt to reverse back of the bank before anyone noticed where you had gone 😬

Edited by - Ian Warren on 31 Jul 2005 11:52:04

Dave removed bolt, checked it & did not look bent, however 2 of the washers were distorted, replaced those & put bolt back in all looks fine.

However will replace the bolt as a precaution

As long as as Caterham have parts in stock will be back up & running by the weekend *thumbup*

Thanks for the offer Alex, very kind of you *thumbup*

But should be ok, only need to bolt on new rad & nose cone + straighten a few minor brackets & should be back in business.

How is yours coming along 🤔

Same offer applies if you need any help *thumbup* *thumbup*

Edited by - DSL on 31 Jul 2005 20:03:10

Darren ,

As we discussed at Loton , if the bolt wasnt bent then it was likley the chassis or buch mount was bent as the camber on the wheel and the angle of the wishbone was not correct.

I hope to see you out as soon as possible , but I think you should get it checked out ☹️

Dave, as I say having taken it out & reinstalled it, now the angle of the dangle is the same as the other side.

I think that maybe the bush inside the wishbone had twisted across & stuck there, untill pressure released & reinstalled.

Will replace with new & get brother inlaw to check toe & wheel alignment afterwards.

Darren

Glad to here the damage looks minimal.

There have been a couple of threads on blatchat with lower wishbones failing with the tube that holds the bush in the wishbone splitting. Might be worth having a good look at these tubes (front and rear mounting) to make sure there are no signs of cracking down the seem.

Thanks for that Tony, have spent a long time checking over the whole car for any chassis bends or cracks & am pleased to say not even got any powercoat cracked *wink*

Surprisingly strong these little things (head on anyway)

Have spoken to Bruce at Arch today & what a helpfull guy *thumbup* *thumbup*, he concurred with my thoughts about the bush in the wishbone having twisted & staying put until bolt undone whereby it re-aligned it self.

Can not wait till Curburger 😬 😬

All repair parts now arrived & fitted, just waiting for the sikaflex to dry after rebonding wing & test drive tomorrow night hopefully *thumbup*

However one front wheel pointing straight & other one not

Hopefully just needs re-tracking