Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pc help required Adaware download?

I have 2 PCs and current one of them is absolutely plagued by pop ups, trojan start pages etc. and is almost unusable. In the past I've found free downloads for Adaware which has completely solved the problem, but I've just done a search and wasted an hour following links to sites which claim to provide free downloads but instead link me to dubious sites which try to charge me.

Does anybody know of a site which still provides genuine free downloads of Adaware or Spybot?

And if you are more adventurous or are still bothered with pop-ups, trying using HijackThis downloadable from here. It generates a log file of all things that are running on your PC and at the same site you can have the log file analysed to identify what is and isn't nasty.

Warning: it might flag things which it doesn't recognize as nasty, but in reality are needed for something or other. Be careful what you delete - it's useful though for getting rid of those pop-ups which dynamically stick an executable file on the HDD somewhere so that even when you delete with Spybot or whatever, it simply re-installs itself

SteveP

The Caterham Pages here