Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CLICK - Sorted

Tony C

Oh, and (this is another one of my serial gripes) CC are fully aware of this fault, so why haven't they solved it? The K has been in manufacture for over 10 years. It seems that we the owners buy a car that costs between 15 and 30k new and have to do our own product development. Oh, and it's not just the K - the XF supersprint 1.7 was a bodge, the dedion tubes are mostly pants, electricals let go with monotonous regularity and various aspects of the K install are bobbins. *mad*

Don't sit on the fence, Battered - let us know your true feelings... *tongue* *wink*

Can you build a heat-shield like the one I've just made for my Brise here.

Partly copied from a concept Grant tried (I think). I tapped two holes into the adapter-plate on the starter and then fiddled a sheet of ali to fit. The shield is held on by two bolts driven in to the tapped holes.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

That's the sort of thing Myles, it was seeing it on your site that prompted me. Up till today I've just been thinking about it. Now I'm thinking about it and posting up on BC. That's progress of a kind. *confused*

Oh and you are quite right about my true feelings! The snag is that unreliable dodgy cars were broadly acceptable in the 60s 'cos they were all rubbish. These days modern tintops are fast, powerful, handle well and are well designed. Cat 7s are only 3 of these things. 🙆🏻 *thumbdown*. If CC don't improve the breed then sales are only going one way.

Edited by - batteredoldsupersport on 22 Jun 2005 13:14:11

BoSS - it's part of the character of these cars *wink*

I have to report that soldering on a wire in place of the loose female *tongue* hasn't been entirely successful. I stalled yesterday (being polite to a learner, tried to pull away using minimum revs ☹️) and got the click. "Luckily" the two guys behind got out of their BMW convertible (with roof down) and gave me a push 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 This was less than a mile after hot-starting without any trouble at all.

Fatalism means never having to wonder if it's safe to overtake *eek*