Jump to content
Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where can I get that foam stuff that sticks to the nose cone and scuttle for the bonnet to sit on ?


Recommended Posts

I used some black rubber stuff left over when we had double glazing installed.


Worth checking out DIY stores - this stuff is deeper than the standard stuff but softer so ends up giving a very good seal. It's about half an inch wide and comes on a reel and is pre glued - just tear off the backing strip.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you've got a general engineering supplies company near to you (one that sells steelstock, safety shoes, tools etc you'll probably find that they sell this unicellular foam.


My local one does it on 3 widths. Comes in 5metre lengths IIRC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...