Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tonneau query

jimbo8

I'm after a tonneau in the not too distant future......now my 1999 roadsport did have a tonneau at some point in it's life because it has the poppers for it. If I were to buy a second-hand tonneau are they all standard sizes - or will have to fit new poppers?.....and what about my leather headrests? Any help appreciated 😬

the tonneua as supplied by caterham will have no poppers in so you will have to do that, I belive you can specify one with pockets for the headrests

if fitting your self sounds like too much hard work then maybe a visit to Jill Judd would be good, as I am sure they would be able to do it for you

rob *smile*

If you buy a second hand tonneau then you run the risk that the poppers will not line quite the same as on your car so you may have a problem getting it to fit. However they should all be roughly in the same place so this may not be a major problem and fitting poppers yourself is fairly easy. Jill Judd (www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk) can put pockets in the tonneau for your headrests, cost about £50 I think.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85