Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X/flow distributor

Phil

What is the dizzy on the crossflow off please, the cap seems to be a modified landrover part, are there still rotor arms available?

Any part numbers?

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR

Phil, mines a Bosch distributor with a Bosch side exit cap and a Lucas rotor arm (electronic ignition). Picture of my dizzy here - if it's the same, then I think you'll find the rotor arm is pretty impossible to get hold of. Dizzy has part number JFU4—0231170304—71BB12100BGA. Lucas Rotor Arm ref 533 2888.

David

1700XF: click here

Well just to confuse things mine's a Ford item, modified by Aldon.

I think the distributors on X flows fall into two categories, Ford own named types, possibly Lucas based, or Bosch on the later engine variants, as to which vehicles they are from? well this is probably down to the age of the engine.

Distributors are easily changed, so what you have may be a replacement for the original.

Sorry to muddy the waters for you.

Does your distributor have any identifying numbers one it?

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

It should be a modified LUCAS 45D4 vacuumless distributor, fitted with a Lucas side entry cap, part no. DDB194, as fitted to Leyland -Daf vans- Sherpa 1.7, 78-84, and Sherpa 2.0, 82-84.

Caps cost around £16.00 from Lucas or Burton, but you can get an Intermotor etc. cheaper. You will find them cheap at autojumbles, I've picked a few up for a couple of quid.

The distibutors are modified by Aldon I think. Part no. 103FXY

If you want a really nice bit of kit, the Lucas Rally Ignition KIt from Burton 020 8518 9120 (for free catalogue, distibutors page 61), will set you back £275.

Cheers J&J

The cap is black in colour and the intermotor part no is 44730, this belongs to a landrover and mayb also do the leyland daf etc.

The burtons catalogue list the cap under replacements for X/flow engines and the rotor arm to go with it, the question is, Caterham no longer do the rotor arm but Burton happely list it, is this the correct part?

Burton list the rotor arm as 47540.

Thanks for the help so far.

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR